Volunteer with DiabetesSisters
You've read the facts and statistics related to women and diabetes. You've seen women struggle with the ups and downs of diabetes. You've heard women with diabetes discuss the unique obstacles they face every day. Perhaps you can even recall your own experiences of loneliness and isolation as a woman with diabetes. Perhaps you have observed the struggles of a loved one with diabetes.
What can you do about any of those things, you ask? The answer: You can volunteer. Volunteering gives you an opportunity to change people's lives, including your own. If you'd like to support women with diabetes but can't afford to donate money, you can donate your time instead. Each volunteer position is home-based and requires a commitment of just a few hours a month.
We are currently looking to fill the following volunteer positions:
- Diabetes & The Law Contributor
- Social Media Specialist
- Marketing/Web Ad Sales Manager
- Advanced Duration Diabetes Blogger
- Student Blogger
- Online Web Editor
In addition, we have volunteer opportunities for those with experience in the following areas:
- Administrative Projects
- Volunteer Management
- Communications – marketing, ad sales, social media, web administration, graphic designer
- Event planning – coordinating monthly or quarterly meetings in your area or participating in Raleigh or San Diego Weekend for Women Conference planning committees
- Development/grant writing – manage our fundraising and development strategies
- Bloggers – candidly share what it’s like to live with diabetes
- Law and Nutrition Experts - help members with their important diabetes-related questions
- Team Leaders - Coordinate monthly team activities for the organization or act as a forum moderator for the online community.
- Certified Diabetes Educators- We can always use your expertise in the organization - with monthly articles, advice and support for our members