We are accepting scholarship applications for the 2017 Weekend for Women Conference in Alexandria, VA. These scholarships are reserved for those who understand the value of "sisterhood" among women with diabetes and would like to continue supporting women with diabetes through online and inperson programming. The Conference will be held October 13-15, 2017. Applications will be accepted until August 15, 2017. Recipients will be notified by August 22, 2017.
Who May Apply? Women living with diabetes (and their partners) who have:
- A strong passion for supporting other women living with diabetes
- A commitment to expanding a growing community of women through online and in-person programming
- A desire to advocate on behalf of women living with diabetes
- Come to terms with their own diabetes diagnosis, and who feel ready to help other women in the emotional and psychological journey of diabetes
- Strong communication, listening, organization and computer skills
- Not received a previous DiabetesSisters' scholarship in the past
All scholarship applicants are asked to choose the type of scholarship they would like to receive:
- Weekend for Women Scholar - Open to women living with any kind of diabetes, including pre-diabetes. Recipients agree to attend all Conference sessions throughout the weekend, and are required to submit a blog post about their experience at the Conference to be posted in the DiabetesSisters' November 2017 e-newsletter.
- Weekend for Women and Partner Scholars - Open to women living with any kind of diabetes, including pre-diabetes, AND their partner. Recipients agree to attend all Conference sessions throughout the weekend, and are required to submit a jointly written blog post about their experience at the Conference to be posted in the DiabetesSisters' November 2017 e-Newsletter.
Scholarships will cover the cost of conference registration and double bed hotel accommodations for two nights (Friday and Saturday) at the Embassy Suites Alexandria. Rooming assignments will be determined when recipients are awarded scholarships. The WfW and Partner scholarship will cover a room for the couple. DiabetesSisters will NOT cover transportation costs to the conference, parking fees, or hotel incidentals. Any questions or concerns should be directed to email@example.com.