Spring 2012 Conference in NC

Was anyone able to attend the conference this past weekend?

Please post about your experience, I'd love to hear all about it!
Posted about 8 years ago
I did. I did. I am so sorry that you didn't get to come. This one was fantastic as usual. If you want to look at photos, you can go to smugmug. Pictures are really worth a thousand words. We had many photographers this year.

We had some really great speakers and I learned some new things. I am hoping that some of the speakers will allow the release of their presentations. There is always a lot of info to remember!!!!

The weather was perfect for the walk on Sunday morning. I actually won 2 gifts over the week-end and I never win anything!!!. I was so excited.

There were lots and lots of vendors this year with info to share and to buy. I didn't even get time to visit all of them..

Brandy's daughter, Summer, was our entertainment for Saturday night. Summer danced, sang and got the audience involved. She is beautiful and very talented. We were touched and appreciated it. She is so mature for her age. She was so very helpful throughout the conference.

Natalie Strand was one of the speakers. She won Amazing Race and she is also diabetic. She had photos of the adventures and challenges along the way. It was very interesting and captivating.

I could go on and on about all the wonderful speakers and their transfer of knowledge. I really love meeting new ladies and get to share stories and advice. It is great to connect with friends from the previous years also. I am very lucky to have attended each one so far. I recruited for the PODS meetings and spread the word.

Maybe you will be able to attend next year. It will be the first week in May. Don't know location yet, but reserve that date.
Posted about 8 years ago
I went to the conference. It was my first time and I really enjoyed it. I met a lot of new friends and the speakers were great. Can't wait for next years. It made me look at my diabetes in a different way.
Posted about 8 years ago