We are grateful to the incredible women who shared their stories and experiences about their culture(s), families, living with diabetes, stigma, and peer support with us in the #TruthOverStigma campaign this year:
- Taylor Danielle @HealingInHindsight
- Liz Kopco @DrLizKopco (videos in Spanish & in English)
- Tomiko Lane
- Alejandra Marquez @EspacioParaPadres (videos in Spanish & in English)
- Shailja Mathur
- Anna Norton @DiabetesSisters (videos in Spanish & in English)
- Kylene Redmond @BlackDiabeticGirl
- T'ara Smith @TaraTalksFood
- CJ Walker @JudiesDream
You can view all of their videos on our Truth Over Stigma page.
As we continue building strong circles of support where women living with diabetes can freely share lived experiences, resources, and encouragement with each other, DiabetesSisters will continue including, welcoming, and elevating voices from historically marginalized communities and from all variations of diabetes. Stay tuned!
#TruthOverStigma would not have been possible without the support of the @HealtheVoices Impact Fund at the Community Foundation of New Jersey, which was funded by a contribution from Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.