In honor of Women's History Month, we're highlighting various women living with diabetes who have inspired us.
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has lived with Diabetes for more than five decades and is an important woman in history as the first Hispanic Justice. In January, more women's history was made when Justice Sotomayer swore in our country's first female Vice President, Kamala Harris. Learn more about her in this Diabetes Forecast article. And check out her books on Amazon. (Remember to shop using the DiabetesSisters AmazonSmile link.)
- One Drop features several women affected by diabetes in honor of International Women's Day 2019.
- Diabetics on the Margin is a project that celebrates diversity in our community and features women of color living with diabetes. Read more about the project here.
- Get inspired by these women living with diabetes and the diabetes organizations and websites they lead:
- Kelly Close - diaTribe
- Christina Roth - College Diabetes Network
- Jen Hanson - Connected in Motion
- Cherise Shockley - Diabetes Social Media Advocacy @dsma
- Amy Tenderich - DiabetesMine