In November, for Diabetes Awareness Month, we’re excited to support all women living with diabetes through our PODS (Part Of DiabetesSisters) Meetup program. PODS Meetups are built on the foundation that peer support is essential to diabetes management. Meetups are peer-led groups that meet throughout the month, and each group is led by a volunteer PODS Leader, a woman with diabetes like you. Whether you are brand new to PODS Meetups or a member of one of our groups, we invite you to join any of our online groups in November (and beyond).
We know peer support is essential, but don’t take our word for it. When asked, 97% of our PODS members would recommend PODS Meetups to a friend with diabetes. Attendees value the sharing of lived experiences, the connections they form with other members, and the educational components shared by our Leaders. Beyond that, our members say:
- “There is nothing more powerful than peer to peer support. It fills a need that doctors, nurses, and even diabetes educators cannot meet (unless they have diabetes themselves). Each time I participate with other dSisters in any activity, I come away with a sense of pride. We are a group connected by a chronic disease but you would never know it by looking at us. These women have a drive and a connection to thriving and living well that I need and love! DiabetesSisters has become an integral part of my life."
- “DiabetesSisters and PODS Meetups have changed my life with diabetes. I finally realized that I am not alone living with this disease. I would probably not be at my current level of good health with my diabetes journey if not for DiabetesSisters and the PODS Meetup program.”
- “I can't imagine my life without the women in this PODS group, or without the DiabetesSisters organization. The support, resources, and encouragement it offers is unique, and I haven't found anything like it anywhere else."
- "With DiabetesSisters, I feel more confident living with diabetes. I know that I make my own choices, but it is comforting to know I have a large number of women with diabetes supporting me as I make those choices. I've learned how to handle my 'bad' diabetes days, and not make it worse. I always have someone to bounce ideas around, or to listen to my complaints about diabetes. It makes such a difference knowing you have someone who truly understands what you are going through.
Now that you’re aware of everything Meetups have to offer, are you ready to join us? Here are our November online offerings:
- Nov 1st, 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific
- Nov 6th, 9:30 pm Eastern, 8:30 pm Central, 7:30 pm Mountain, 6:30pm Pacific
- Nov 7th, 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific
- Nov 13th, 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific
- Nov 15th, 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific
- Nov 16th, 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific
- Nov 20th, 8:30pm Eastern, 7:30pm Central, 6:30pm Mountain, 5:30pm Pacific
If you’ve never attended a PODS Meetup, please fill out our PODS Interest Form and use the “Are you interested in a specific PODS location or Meetup?” field to note which meetings you’d like to attend. If you’re a member of one of our groups and would love more online support, email us at email@example.com and let us know which meetings you’d like to join.